Monday, March 29, 2010

The F-Bomb

Forgiveness is, by far, one of the hardest concepts for us to grasp. How and why are we supposed to offer our anger and pain up to God in an effort reconcile the pieces of our hearts, ultimately finding peace?

Hate is a big and hungry, sharp-toothed monster that will eat up one's entire heart unless one chooses to let the pain go. Anger, although easier to hold on to than love, does not feel good, and it sucks the soul dry. When love and hate feud you are forced to pick a side...always choose love.

If you never choose to forgive and move on, you will never reconcile the pieces of your heart and consequently, you will never be able to fully offer yourself to another person. This reminds me of the phrase, "My heart can't possibly break if it wasn't even whole to start with." Don't get caught in that situation.

I hope my friend who needed some encouraging words reads this. If not, it is not in vain; the majority of the time I soap-box blog because I am speaking to myself.

Goodnight.
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

1 comment: