Sunday, January 2, 2011

140 Characters +

With mediums like Twitter and Facebook monopolizing the web, I almost forgot that unlike the former two, my blog gives me an amplified capacity in which to express my thoughts (as narcissistic as they may be), without the restriction of plus or minus 140 characters. Keep reading...

So, I was asked what I would thank God for in 2010, and what I would ask Him for in 2011. It sounds simple enough, but it is really hard to consolidate a dynamic year into one clear thought. After losing three close relatives, graduating college, letting go of family drama, and finally feeling like myself again at the end, I decided to thank God for strength. Because I feel like the acquiring of a virtue (like strength), is a gift, I deem it necessary to share it with someone or something, so for 2011, I decided to ask God for purpose. Lots of people have talents and gifts, but fail to reach their full potential with them because they lack clarity, direction, and purpose; I don't want that to be me.

It's funny how you have to have a full pendulum swing of emotions and events to hit you for you to feel whole. It happened to me, and (SURPRISE!)I really do feel more complete. I feel like I have finally achieved that most-desired peace of mind, and I'm not willing to give it up for anyone or anything at this moment. I feel like I've earned the right to be confident in myself, as well as in others, as well as in my abilities, and no one can tell me otherwise. I feel like I have earned the right to tell someone, "I'm supposed to be treated better than that," and uphold it with the utmost affirmation of my belief. I feel like I am better than those rooting for me to fail, and humble enough to know that it's not my place to wish them harm, but to pray for their well-being, because we all have our own, individual flaws. More importantly, I feel like I have a job to do on this planet, so as soon as my purpose is determined, I plan to try my hardest to fulfill it.

I would like to to end on this note: I wake up every morning now, knowing that I am truly blessed. I have a family that has grown closer, I have caring and loving people surrounding me,I have friendships that have grown closer over longer distances and longer periods of time, and I have a new fire burning inside of me, making me want to do more. There isn't much more I could really ask for. The secret to success and peace-of-mind is to stop chasing specific goals, and to start chasing your true being. Once you center yourself, everything else falls into place. Once that happens, you will know it's your time to shine.

1 comment:

  1. I know it's a little late, considering this was like 3 months ago but WELL SAID!! I feel like I've definitely wrote this exact message in my own diary and I applaud you for coming out stronger and more resilient than ever! And the "end note" is something everyone should strive for.

    ReplyDelete